Professional services: help with self care for professionals
- Vicarious trauma can seriously impact on the well-being of a workforce and organisation;
- Supervision and debriefing is essential to the wellbeing of psychologists, counsellors and frontline workers;
- Vicarious trauma can be off-set though self-care strategies.
- Our professional services include vicarious trauma management solutions, training packages, debriefing and supervision for clinicians, self care plans, and trauma-focussed therapies.
Ongoing supervision is essential to the wellbeing of trauma counsellors. Researchers and clinicians recommend the use of supervision to help monitor signs of vicarious trauma and to manage symptoms of vicarious trauma as they arise.
Rape and Domestic Violence Services Australia provides vicarious trauma focussed clinical and non-clinical supervision and debriefs for supervisors, managers and front-line workers working in the field of sexual, domestic and/or family violence around Australia.
Types: Individual. Clinical (cases), vicarious trauma management.
Duration: Individual - 1.5 hours for the first session, one hour thereafter. Group - two hours.
Mode: Face-to-face, phone, Skype.
Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia can also provide self care planning for individuals to offset vicarious trauma by:
- Identifying vicarious trauma symptoms and how to recognise these;
- Discussing management of vicarious trauma;
- Effective self care planning;
- Assessing the effectiveness of self care plans;
- Develop an effective self care plans;
- Assess self-care plans effectively.
Our counsellors access external supervision provided by Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia, and this has been an invaluable part of our organisation’s vicarious trauma management strategy.
Our professional services
At Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia, we work with organisations that support traumatised populations to develop customised evidence-based tailored solutions to effectively meet identified needs. Our experts assist government agencies and non-profit organisations working across diverse settings.
We engage in ongoing research to ensure that services provided align with best national and international practice in the field. Our organisations’ work is evidence based and we strive to deliver services of the highest quality.
We have extensive success in providing trauma-specialised interventions and supervision to frontline, advanced practitioners and leaders.
All vicarious trauma management training programs are audited regularly to ensure the information provided is evidence-based and current. Programs can be tailored based on the needs of each organisation and can be delivered to clinical and non-clinical audiences.