Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager
- Full-time position
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award 2010 Level 6.1, Above Award plus salary packaging and 10% superannuation ($131,307.18 plus salary packaging per annum total package)
- Sydney Inner West location with parking available
Purpose of the Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this role is responsible for driving strategic, high-impact marketing and communications that deliver results for Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia’s (R&DVSA’s) fundraising, influencing, brand and impact. In this transformational role you will design and deliver marketing and stakeholder engagement strategies to enable R&DVSA to deliver impact at scale and influence stakeholders, government policy and engage in the wider public discourse on sexual, domestic and family violence policy and practice.
It is a diverse and challenging role that requires strong traditional media experience, proven capacity to engage through social media and proven solid judgement in stakeholder management, event marketing, political advocacy and targeted campaigning.
Full Stop to sexual, domestic and family violence.
Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia (R&DVSA):
- Provide telephone, online and face to face trauma counselling for those whose life has been impacted by sexual, domestic and/or family violence, and behaviour change counselling for those who use violence in their relationships,
- Offer service providers training and professional services, in relation to trauma and vicarious trauma; and support the broader community in responding to sexual, domestic and family violence and the prevention of this violence,
- Engage in individual and systems advocacy to improve services and the legal responses for those who have experienced sexual, domestic and/or family violence,
- Promote access to the organisation’s services,
- Undertake research to better understand best practice in relation to trauma, trauma recovery, vicarious trauma, and the prevention of gendered violence.
We are compassionate and ethical
Work is informed by the highest ethical standards. The needs of clients always come first.
We believe positive change is possible in every story
People who have experienced sexual, domestic and family violence can heal and recover from the unwanted impacts that violence has had on their lives.
We are unflinching and principled in our civil society advocacy
Advocate for change and challenge those in power to do better both for people affected by violence, and all women everywhere.
We are knowledgeable and experienced
Constantly seek evidence about sexual, domestic and family violence, best practice responses prevention using our decades of experience to inform and update all work.
Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Drive strategic understanding of R&DVSA’s target audiences and supporters.
- Work with the Executive and Management Teams to develop and implement the organisation’s brand and strategic communications.
- Strengthen digital capability and support client acquisition and retention in conjunction with the Director of Counselling Services and Training and Services Development Manager and donor/funder acquisition and retention in conjunction with the Fundraising and Relationship Manager.
- Manage public profile with social and traditional media engagement.
- Prepare and distribute media releases and alerts.
- Maintain the R&DVSA website content.
- Manage social media accounts.
- Compile regular digital newsletters and campaign materials.
- Manage event communications in conjunction with the Fundraising and Relationship Manager.
- Monitor, review and adapt the brand and strategic communications strategy to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with the Management Team and assist the Executive Team as needed.
- Contribute to business planning and budgetary processes.
- Contribute to Board, annual and other reports as required.
- Contribute to Administrative tasks as required.
- Participate in an orientation process
- Comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with the organisation’s best practice and quality assurance framework
- Participate in the organisation’s projects and activities
- Attend and actively participate in the organisation’s meetings
- Maintain an awareness of socio, political and feminist issues
- Participate in professional development
- Ensure work practices are ethical and comply with the Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia Code of Ethics and the code of any professional associations of which the employee may be a member.
The development and implementation of the organisation’s brand and strategic communications across multiple brands, a diverse range of services, and an array of stakeholders across government, non-government, business, and community.
The Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager makes decisions regarding the brand management and strategic communications on a day-to-day basis in accordance with the organisation’s strategic objectives and within the parameters of the organisation’s statutory obligations and policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications, and preferably post-graduate qualifications, in journalism, communications, media, public relations or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role that carries significant responsibility for communications and stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated capability in planning and implementing organisational objectives in communication activities and effective public profile management.
- A track-record of effectively coordinating strategic advocacy campaigns.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, with experience in writing quality communications for a variety of audiences and working cross-culturally.
- Demonstrated experience in effective media engagement and liaison in traditional, web-based and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a diverse, multidiscipline team within a dynamic environment and perform amongst competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of, the provision of services from an intersectional feminist perspective and knowledge of the domestic, family and sexual violence sector.
- High-level demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the causes and consequences of sexual, family and domestic violence, including the particular barriers faced by marginalised population groups in accessing safety and justice.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office suite.
- Capacity to travel interstate as required.
- Multimedia – photography, video recording, streaming, editing.
- Experience in Adobe – photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign.
- Experience working in a similar role in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply, please click through the link below, by 11:59PM 6th August 2021.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries: Please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org