Pioneering research opportunity
- Part time position (30 hours per week) for 18 months
- Competitive salary with salary sacrifice options
- Flexible and positive working environment
- Innovative Vicarious Trauma management plan
Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia
Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia (R&DVSA) is committed to upholding the rights of all to live in a just and equitable society that is free of violence. The organisation provides services nationally in the area of sexual assault, domestic and family violence and has a team of over 100 employees working in the areas of clinical practice, research and training.
The Research Assistant will provide high level research support and assistance to the organisation’s Counselling Service.
Position Description (please click here)
Selection Criteria Form (please click here)
Salary and benefits:
Base annual salary of $79,685pa (30 Hours) plus superannuation, four weeks annual leave, annual leave loading, access to Time In Lieu, and access to generous NFP tax concessions (specifically, a salary packaging scheme offering up to $15,899.94 of your salary tax free)
- An innovative award winning Vicarious Trauma Management plan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Positive working environment that fosters collaboration and team work
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Supportive of the feminist context and principles of Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia.
- A minimum of Honours level qualifications in social or behavioural science
- Detailed understanding of the causes and consequences of sexual assault, domestic and family violence
- excellence in conducting literature reviews
- excellence and experience in writing research reports for a variety of audiences
- experience of implementing quantitative and qualitative research designs
- experience in researching clinical constructs
- excellence in data management and storage
- knowledge of using quantitative and qualitative data analysis software for example, SPSS
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills with an attention to detail
- High level computer literacy
- Counselling experience and experience in the community sector
Currently located in Sydney's inner west.
Application and Orientation Information:
To apply, please view the detailed position and application information via the careers page of our website www.rape-dvservices.org.au and email a copy of your resume and completed selection criteria form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 midnight, Sunday 19th August 2018, Australian Eastern Standard Time.
We will acknowledge all complete applications received. Please note that the selection criteria document forms an important part of the selection process, and applications that do not attach this document cannot be accepted and will not be acknowledged.
R&DVSA holds an exemption under the Anti-Discrimination Act and only employs female staff.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Face to face interviews will be held in Sydney the week commencing Monday 27 August 2018. Those successful in gaining a face to face interview will be advised by Friday 24 August 2018. All other applicants will be advised at the end of the recruitment process.