Rape & Domestic Violence Services Australia is governed by an Association of Members. Members meet annually at the Annual General Meeting to hear reports on the organisation's activities and to elect the Board for the coming year. The Board of twelve women meets monthly and is responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
Full members of the association must:
- agree with and support the objectives of the Association,
- be or identify as a woman,
- be nominated to be a member in accordance with the Rules of the Association,
- have the membership accepted by the Board at a Board meeting
- pay the annual membership fee.
Full members are able to:
- attend and vote at the annual general meeting,
- nominate to stand for election to the Board,
- ask to review Board minutes and reports, and
- call a special general meeting in accordance with the Rules of the Association
Any person wishing to support the Association may apply for Associate Membership, including men. Associate members receive Centre correspondence and an invitation to attend the annual general meeting. However, Associate members are not permitted to vote, nor stand for election to the Association’s Board, nor participate in any special general meeting of the Association.
Become a Member!
To apply for membership, submit a copy of the Application for Membership of Association Form. Applications for membership and associate membership must be nominated by an existing member of the association, and approved by the Board.
Membership of the Association is annual. Members can renew their membership by submitting a completed copy of the Association Membership Renewal Form.